Friday, January 11, 2013

Special Post: Cover Changes

When you go to the bookstore the very first thing that you see are the book covers and to me especially that is the first thing that draws me to pick up a book in the first place. Now there are times when publishing companies choose to change the covers of books to appeal to a wider fan base. It could be something as simple as changing the layout of the cover, to changing the colors or font choices, then again it can be a complete cover overhaul. Personally I have mixed feelings about these new cover changes because since I buy the books and already have the first book of the series then my collection looks funny due to the different covers so I hate the change but then I look at the new cover and it looks really good and I love the change.

Some of the covers that have changed are Blood Red Road by Moira Young and Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi and the Fall of Angels series by Keary Taylor. The original covers look good but the new covers look amazing so I can see why they changed them.


*Well it seems that Blogger is being uncooperative and is not giving me the option to add pictures at the moment so this will have to be a pictureless post :(*


So what about you what do you think about cover changes?  Original vs. New?

Stay Tuned for Article 5 by Kristen Simmons.

2 comments:

  1. I hate cover changes if I have the original cover books but if there was just a limited amount of them printed... I feel kid of special.

    I like cover changes when they change for the better but if they change for the worse I get very angry.
    For instance the Nightshade trilogy by Andrea Cremer: Total. Letdown.
    BUUUUT I love the new covers of the Lux series books [by Jen L. Armentrout]

    Anyway... I guess my feelings change from series to series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea! I guess you could say my feelings about cover changes differ from series to series and I totally agree that they should change for the better.

      Thanks for commenting. Happy Reading!

      Delete